Radiation Safety Ireland is a leading consultancy firm in the specialist area of radiological protection. The business was founded by Dr. Elaine Doorly, (PhD, Trinity College Dublin), who has worked in the fields of occupational health and safety management and radiological protection for the past 20 years. Employed by Trinity College Dublin for the past 16 years as College Radiological Protection Officer, Elaine has also, in the past, held the roles of Safety Manager for large employers, such as the North Eastern and South Eastern Health Boards.
Radiation Protection Adviser Services and Radiation Safety Training Courses have been provided by Elaine on a consultancy basis to private industry for more than a decade.
- B.Sc (Hons) Environmental Health, Trinity College, University of Dublin 1991 (2.1 Hons)
- M.Sc. Occupational Health, Safety and Ergonomics. National University of Ireland Galway, 1993
- PhD (Pure and Applied Physics, Environmental Radioactivity), Trinity College Dublin, 2006
- Certificate of Professional Development in Radiation Protection - University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, 2010
- Certificate in Training and Continuing Education, National University of Ireland Maynooth.
- Numerous specialist Radiological Protection courses undertaken including National Radiological Protection Board U.K. (NRPB) Radiation Protection Supervisors Course, and Radiation Protection Supervisors (Unsealed Sources) Course, King's College London.
- RPII approved Radiation Protection Adviser - Click here for Certificate Of Competence.
Membership of Professional Organisations
- Chartered Radiation Protection Professional (CRadP)
- Chartered Member of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (CMIOSH)
- Member of the Institute of Physics (M.Inst.P) - Click here.
- Member of the Association of University Radiological Protection Officers (MAURPO)
- Member of the International Radiological Protection Association (MIRPA)
- Member of the Society for Radiological Protection (MSRP)
- Member of the Institutiuon for Safety in Technology & Research (MISTR)
- Dr. Doorly is also a member of the European Union Platform on Training and Education in Radiological Protection (EUTERP)
Radiation Protection Advice and Training
Radiation Safety Ireland is an established provider of Radiation Protection Adviser Services in Ireland . Clients are many and varied and include major pharmaceutical companies, research and education facilities, gamma irradiator facilities and waste management companies throughout Ireland .
We have extensive experience with all types of sources of ionising radiation, including sealed sources, unsealed sources and irradiating apparatus, and have undertaken work in a variety of settings from small schools to large pharmaceutical plants. A professional, efficient, reliable and confidential service is assured and references are available from existing clients.
Radiation Protection Services
- Radiation Protection Adviser Service
- Radiation Safety Training Courses
- Radiation Contamination Monitoring
- Radiation Dose Rate Measurements and Surveys
- Leak Testing of Sealed Sources
- Radiochemical Analysis of Radioactive Materials
- Risk Assessments and Radiation Safety Procedures
- Laboratory Clearance Surveys and Certification
- Development of Emergency Intervention Plans
RPA ServicesWe provide a full Radiation Protection Adviser service to assist persons working with sources of ionising radiation to comply with The Radiological Protection Act, 1991 (Ionising Radiation) Order, 2000. We offer ongoing technical advice and guidance and also offer a range of practical services. button
Public Training CoursesUp Coming Public Courses A 2 Day Radiological Protection Training Course is held once a year in the centre of the country in Portlaoise. The next course will take place on the 27th and 28th of May 2013 at the Heritage hotel in Portlaoise.
Click link to download course info.button
In House Training CoursesIn House Courses Radiation Safety Ireland can address all your radiation safety training needs through the provision of our in-house bespoke training courses. Examples of such training courses are as follows.
Click the links to download course info.
- 1 Day Safe Use of Sealed Radioactive Sources.
- 1 Day Nuclear Moisture Density Guages.
- 1 Day X-Ray Safety Course.
- 1 Day Safe Use of Radiochemicals.
- 2 Day Radiological Protection Officer (RPOs and Supervisors).
- 1 Day ADR Transport Awareness Training.